22 August 2008

Ren's Birthday


Ren's birthday was a couple of weeks back but this was a crazy birthday for our family.

The Thursday before his birthday, Ren and I both took the day off of work, we needed us time. Felt weird considering this was the first time I have ever done this. We watched a movie in Gold Class - the movie was Wanted. Well that was a disappointment. Both Ren and I left feeling it was ok but not great. Well in Gold Class you order food and they bring it into you during the movie, you sit in recliner chairs as well. Well my parma wrap didn't taste quite right, I kept thinking that there was a pickle coming which was a bit strange since pickles and parma don't mix. No pickle though. Friday morning I had BrdU-meaning I had to be at work by 6am to add a cytotoxic chemical to our cell cultures. Well in the middle of doing this, my stomach started cramping and the diarrhea hit (sorry for the TMI). Then it happened one more time. Well I wasn't going to stay at work like this so I called my boss and informed her of what was going on and left. Well every 15-20mins I was in the bathroom. It was bad! Looks like I had food poisoning. I couldn't keep anything in me. That was like this all day Friday, Saturday -I missed a Creative Memories Workshop, and Sunday. Well Ren's parents had invited us over for his birthday lunch on Sunday. I couldn't go so just Ren and Katie went. I felt bad that I couldn't participate in his birthday. I didn't even have a chance to get him a birthday gift. Pretty bad. Well I was out of work Monday and Tuesday as well. Both Ren and Katie were very helpful. So when I got back on my feet I made Ren a lemon birthday cake.

0 comments: